With Honor Action is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the organization in various capacities. This position offers a unique opportunity to drive impact as well as strong opportunities for professional growth.
With Honor Action is a cross-partisan movement dedicated to promoting and advancing principled veteran leadership in order to reduce polarization. Public confidence in Congress has plummeted over the last forty years and, as debilitating partisanship in Washington is near a record high, veteran representation in Congress is near a historic low. With Honor Action’s unique cross-partisan collaboration is integral towards fulfilling our vision of creating a government that works for and is trusted by the American people at a time when extreme partisanship is corroding our legislature and its ability to govern. Learn more at www.withhonor.org.
Responsibilities may include:
- Research and analyze issues related to Congress, veterans affairs, national service, and national security
- Research existing and potential development networks
- Monitor and summarize daily news cycles to highlight key stories and development opportunities
- Conduct special projects and assignments as directed by the Administrative Director and Communications Director
- Manage other responsibilities which may arise in a fast-paced, efficient start-up environment
Attributes for success:
- Uncompromising integrity
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and an obsession with accuracy and details
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Proactive self-starter with desire to learn and master new skill sets
- Discretion and trustworthiness
- Expects the unexpected and navigates with ease
- Unwavering positive attitude
- Adaptable, flexible, and cool under pressure
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the GSuite line of products
- Experience with Zapier and Airtable platforms helpful but not required
- Flexible hours averaging 20 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Hourly rate of pay
- Start-date flexible after April 1, 2021
- Flexible work location
- Interested candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter that addresses how this position and exposure to With Honor Action may fit into your interests and career outlook, and a two-page writing sample.
- This application is open until Friday, March 19th at 5pm ET.